Vitamin B12 is a water soluble vitamin that is one of eight essential B vitamins. It helps maintain healthy nerve cells and red blood cells and is also needed to make DNA, the genetic material in all cells.
B12 is vital in keeping your body running in top condition. Benefits include:
• Energy Production—it converts carbohydrates into glucose in the body, which leads to energy production and a decrease in fatigue and lethargy.
• Nervous System—it helps in healthy regulation of the nervous system, reducing depression, stress, and brain shrinkage.
• Digestive Health—it helps maintain a healthy digestive system. It also protects against heart disease by curbing and improving unhealthy cholesterol levels, protecting against stroke, and high blood pressure.
• Healthy Skin—it is essential for healthy skin, hair, and nails. It helps in cell reproduction and constant skin renewal.
• Cancer Prevention—it helps protect against cancers including breast, colon, lung, and prostate cancer.
Vitamin B12 must be present for new cells to form, and it can only be made by bacteria, which is why foods from animals tend to have a lot of it. Make sure that your body is getting enough vitamin B12 by incorporating these foods in your diet: liver, meat, eggs, milk, cheese and some varieties of fish.
Deficiency & Supplements
Vitamin B12 deficiency is rare as the liver stores enough reserves to last a couple of years. A lack of vitamin B12 generally results from the body’s inability to absorb it, not from a dietary deficiency. People who don’t have enough must take large quantities of supplements so that enough of the vitamin will “stick” in the body. Strict vegetarians, heavy drinkers and smokers, pregnant and breast-feeding women, and the elderly usually require vitamin B12 supplements.
Vitamin B12 Injections are used for weight loss, healthy skin, reducing stress, energy booster, and more. Many people who get Vitamin B12 injections notice an improvement in their energy level within a few days, if not sooner. In addition to feeling more energy, the shots can be effective in terms of clearer skin, better sleep, improved memory and feeling less stressed.
Beautique offers B12 injections in its HCG medically-supervised weight loss program. For more information, call (956) 664-1234.
Posted on Mon, January 6, 2014
by Heather Lemere